Latest Movie :

My Best Collections From Fashion Week 2012.

Fashion Week has come to an end. The different runways were amazing and so were the collections. Here’s a look at some of my best runway shows and collections from Fashion Week.
Louis Vuitton. I was absolutely blown away by the stage Marc Jacobs used to show off his collection for Louis Vuitton. It was straight out of an amusement park; a white carousel whereby the models got off the ponies to model the collection. The collection itself was breath-taking. I loved the color palette of sorbet tones it is a welcome change, the short voluminous dresses and of course the floral applique embellishment on the dresses.

Louis Vuitton S/S12

Gucci. The collection from Gucci was simply beyond words. Saying it was darkly glamorous does not do justice to it. The black on black, velvet and sheer magnificent pieces really made it stand out. I kept saying, ‘OMG…OMG’  as the models strutted down the runway. When you say ‘ohmygosh’ on every piece that comes down the runway, you know you are in love! It should be my number one favorite but the setting was not as good as Louis Vuitton.

Gucci S/S12
 Burberry Prorsum. I am a huge fan of the Burberry Prorsum line. I think Christopher Bailey is doing a nice job with it and he did not disappoint this time round. From the belts adorned with bows, peplum skirts and their trademark trench coats to the white blouses with voluminous sleeves. I also loved how he looked closer to home with the tweed creations and his finale when the models walked down the runway carrying black umbrellas made for a fantastic show.

Burberry Prorsum S/S12
 Elie Saab. This is the first time I have actually been able to have an undisturbed view of Elie Saab’s collection. I always see some of his pieces on celebrities but never an entire collection. As a girl, I love pink, glitter and whimsical flights of fancy which his collection fully catered to. I loved each and every piece and understood why some celebrities wear his collection.

Elie Saab S/S12

 Mary Katrantzou. As I write this, the name ‘Katrantzou’ is my word of the day. I keep rolling it off my tongue. Anyway… Her collection was one of my best because it was fun, flirty girly and had the most gorgeous prints on a back drop of very eye popping colors.

Mary Katrantzou S/S12


The pictures are courtesy of nymag and my creativity.
Share this article :
Copyright © 2011. Fashion Eye - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger